STANDARD BLEACHER SPECS SPECIFICATIONS
Fabrication – Live Load / Codes / References
1. 100-p.s.f gross horizontal projection
2. Lateral sway load: 24 p.1.f seat plank
3. Perpendicular sway load: 10 p.1.f seat plank
4. Wind load: 30 p.s.f vertical projection
5. Live load of seat and tread plank: 120 p.1.f minimum
6. Guardrail, Handrail & Intermediate rail
A. Handrail assemblies and guards shall be able to resist a single concentrated load of 200 pounds, applied in any direction at any point along the top and have attachment devices and supporting structure to transfer this loading to appropriate structural elements of the grandstand / bleacher.
B. Intermediate rails (all those except the handrail), balusters and panel fillers shall be designed to withstand a horizontally applied normal load of 50 pounds on an area equal to 1 square foot, including openings and space between rails.
7. Meets or exceeds design load and safety standards set by ICC, UBC, SBCCI, BOCA,SBC, 2006 NFPA 101 & 102, F.B.C. 425 (SREF), Aluminum Association of America, Federal ADA Requirements and Florida Fire Safety in Educational Facilities Rule 69A-58. American Welding Society (AWS), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) & American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
Understructure – Aluminum Frame Structure:
1. Understructure shall be fabricated from 6063-T6 & 6061-T6 alloy aluminum extrusions.
2. Framework: 2” x 2” x 3/16” aluminum angle.
3. 1 ½” x 1 ½” make up cross bracing and straight bracing.
4. Handrail support post shall be 3” x 2” x 3/16” aluminum angle.
5. The understructure shall be assembled from the above items and assembled with hot dipped galvanized fasteners.
1. 42” guardrails begin when any walk able surface pr seat plank exceeds 30” above finished grade.
2. Guardrail shall be nominal 1 5/8” O.D. schedule 40 aluminum pipes 6063-T6 with polyethylene end plugs. All rails shall be secured to angle supports with R-bands and through-bolt fastening to 3” x 2” x 3/16” aluminum angle post.
3. The guardrail system contains (2) nominal 1 5/8” O.D. schedule 40 aluminum pope 6063-T6 aluminum (1) top rail and (1) bottom rail. Top rail at 42” above any walk able surface or mid-point of seat plank. Bottom rail is located so that a maximum of 4” sphere cannot pass through the triangle created by the bottom rail, rider board and tread plank.
4. Standard guard rail includes chain link fence, 2” x 2” 9 gauge galvanized mesh, knuckled top and bottom and attached to the nominal 1 5/8” O.D. schedule 40 aluminum top and bottom rail.
A. Seat planks shall be 6063-T6 extruded aluminum with a fluted, nonskid surface and a minimum wall thickness of nominal .085”.
B. Seat planks shall be nominal 2” x 10”.
C. Seat planks shall attach with 1.5” aluminum clips with galvanized carriage bolt and nut.
A. Footboard planks shall be 6063-T6 extruded aluminum with a fluted, nonskid surface and a minimum wall thickness of nominal .085”
B. Single plank
i. One nominal 2” x 10” plank
ii. Acceptable for floors less than 30” above grade
C. Double plank
i. Nominal 20” tread width (two nominal 2” x 10”)
1. Acceptable for floors with 24” row spacing
ii. Nominal 24” tread width (two nominal 2” x 12”)
1. Acceptable for floors with 26” row spacing
D. Footboard planks shall attach with 1.5” aluminum clips with galvanized carriage bolt and nut.
E. Ride and depth dimensions: 8” vertical rise and 24” tread depth. Seat height is 17” above its respective tread.
3. Riser plank
A. Riser plank shall be nominal 1” x 6” 6063-T6 extruded aluminum.
B. Risers shall attach with 1.5” aluminum clip with galvanized carriage bolt and nut.
1. When aisles are utilized they shall be designed so that all vertical and horizontal surfaces within the aisles are fully closed. Aisle width range from 44” minimum to 66” maximum.
2. Mid-rail top rail id 34” – 38” above nosing of aisle way, second rail located 12” below top rail all mid-rails are constructed of extruded aluminum pipe of 1-5/8” O.D. schedule 40 pipe 6063-T6.
3. Where there is seating on both sides of the aisles, standard rails shall be discontinuous not spanning more than 5 rows without an opening. Mid-rails available are 2’-0, 4’-0 & 6’-0 (horizontal distance) with standard bleachers.
4. The opening between mid-rails shall be at least 22” and no more than 36” (or per code)
1. All nuts and bolts: galvanized per ASTM-153
2. Hold down clips and plank connection inserts: 6063-T6 aluminum alloy
3. Guard rail joint fittings: aluminum insert
4. Primary connections, i.e., cross-bracing and handrail (rail and posts) shall be made with a minimum of 3/8” diameter hardware bolts
5. End caps: End caps for seat board shall be polyethylene molded or aluminum and secure with aluminum pop rivets.
a. The manufacturer shall warrant all assembly work performed under these specifications to be free of defects for a period of one year when installed by a trained SES installer.
b. Any materials found to be defective within one year shall be replaced at no cost to the owner.
c. Acts of vandalism or abuse shall render the conditions of this warranty null and void.
d. Any exposed mill finished aluminum surface that may become discolored, which is caused when mill finish aluminum gets damp for water either during normal freighting or site installation resulting in oxidation called Mill Stain, this is a natural phenomenon and will ultimately fad. Bleacher manufacturer will not be responsible for this type of discoloration due to oxidation or Mill Stain when dealing with mill finish aluminum.
All aluminum bleachers shall carry, after proper erection, and under normal use for this
type of structure, a one (1) year warranty against all defects in materials and
workmanship. Acts of vandalism or abuse shall render the conditions of this warranty
null and void
A. Submit manufacturers standard warranty form for Outdoor Seating
1. The manufacturer shall guarantee all work performed under these
specifications to be free from defects for a period of one (1) year.
2. Any exposed mill finished aluminum surface will become
discoloured due to oxidation which is a natural phenomenon.
Bleacher manufacturer will not be responsible for discoloration of
oxidized mill finish aluminum.
EverWearProducts By Southeastern Seating, Inc.
903 E. 17th Avenue
Tampa, FL 33605
Phone: (800) 248-2099
Fax: (813) 273-9196